Unrequited love always receives pain, sometimes extreme pain that the other person does not even know. The best Unrequited Love Quotes below will share those pains with you, and will dispel the tears that flow back into the dark night.
One sided love quotes
1. If someone doesn’t fight to keep you, never fight yourself to stay.
2. If you want me falling for you, then you have to give me something worth tripping over.
3. I’m not saying that I think of you constantly, but I can’t deny the fact that each time my mind wanders, it always finds some way back to you.
4. It hurts when you have someone in your heart but you can’t have them in your arms.
5. It’s funny how a person can break your heart, and you can still love them with all the little pieces.
6. It’s hard to wait around for something that you know might never happen. But it’s even harder to give up when you know it’s everything you want.
7. I’m tired of loving you and hoping you’ll do the same.
8. I cannot fathom congratulating you on finding love when I’m not the giver of that love.
9. I find myself wishing every time, if only you knew you are the reason.
10. My life has been a continuum of unanswered prayers and you bear the largest portion of that.
11. If only life was fair, but I understand it’s not, that’s why you cannot love me.
12. I’m happy for you, while feeling unhappy that I’m not the author of your happiness.
13. Would it be inhumane to wish you sadness, that I may bring me happiness?
14. I love you, and it kills me each day to see that you do not feel the same way too.
15. You like someone who can’t like you back because unrequited love can survive in a way that once-requited love cannot. – John Green
16. Perhaps unrequited love was a specter in the house, a presence that brushed at the edge of senses, a heat in the dark, and a shadow under the sun. – Sherry Thomas
17. Problems can be fixed. But unrequited love is a tragedy. – Suzanne Harper
18. People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.
19. Some say that one-sided love is better than none, but like half a loaf of bread, it is likely to grow hard and moldy sooner.
20. You know you’ve got it bad when you miss something you never had. At least even for a little while, I was the reason behind your smile.
Deep quotes on unrequited love
1. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Thus, I’m insane because of you, I just can’t stop hoping.
2. Those eyes that have been my sun, it pains to see them shining for another.
3. “If only, if only,” that’s been my anthem since I set eyes on you.
4. You have so much power over me to make me happy or sad. Yet the only thing you’ve ever done has been the latter by saying no.
5. One word from you would make my whole day bright, dear crush.
6. It’s amazing how you could just accomplish so many things by doing nothing. That’s what you do to me when you make me smile just by smiling.
7. If only you know how much my heart beats for you, then you’ll know your thrall over my heart.
8. Was I wrong for ever-loving you? Because that’s how I’ve been feeling ever since I first saw you.
9. Dear crush, please just smile at me as I smile inside every time I see you. And you’ll know how much power you hold over me.
10. It’s a pity your heart beats for someone else because I cannot cage my heart to do the same.
11. A long time ago, I thought I met the one. But all I did was meet my suffering, because you’ve innocently been my suffering.
14. Somehow, I don’t know how you can miss seeing, how much I love you.
15. I want people to know how much you meant to me. That you’ll finally know the feeling of my misery.
16. All of a sudden, my dreams seem to be better than my reality, because at least you loved me in my sleep.
17. My heart is hollow and only you can fill it, yet it remains empty.
18. We cannot be friends anymore. What good is it, when I get to hear your love for someone else?
19. Seeing you with someone else is the definition of hell.
20. In my dreams, I felt complete and utter love, only to wake up with sadness and loneliness.
21. I’ll never forget the day I saw you. And ever since, I’ve been saying the same thing, “if only, if only.”
22. If only you knew that I’ll do anything, you’ll leave him for me.
23. In those beautiful eyes, it’s a pity I cannot share in its grace.
24. My heart is broken, you hold the pieces but cannot mend them.
25. They say, “love is beautiful”. But If I love you so much, why do I still feel lost?
26. Cupid is nothing without harmony, and you made me understand why.
Most famous quotes about unrequited love
1. Your absence is my death as your presence the very life itself.
2. Maybe, sometimes, being friends is just not enough. Sometimes, maybe, I just want you to look at me the way lovers do.
3. It’s my fault to love you. While knowing I cannot ask you to love me back.
4. I can only feign, so long, of not loving you. But, I know, I cannot stop loving you, despite it all. Maybe we were not meant to be.
5. If fate didn’t write us two together and we were not supposed to be, then why do I hurt this much?
6. I’m tired of wishing and hoping you’ll be true, I’m tired of dreaming about loving you. I want to live.
7. If I die young, at least even without your love, I want you to know that I loved and more importantly, you.
8. I may seem green on the outside but I’m black on the inside because of you.
9. My joy is severed because of you, my pain is amplified because I loved you.
10. What’s the point of continuing my love for you, when you don’t have any intentions of loving me?
11. I like to think that someday you’ll love me as much as I love you. I believe in destiny.
12. Is it wrong, with all certainty, to hope you’ll understand the depth of my unrequited love for you?
13. Life is about hoping and missing. Though, with hope, I love you. But you love someone else and we both go amiss in love.
14. I’ll never leave your side, until one day you’ll always see me beside you and finally embrace me with your love.
15. I’ll do right by you and love you, continuously. But, I know one day, it’ll dawn on you and you’ll come to realize you love me too.
16. It’s alright if you don’t love me now, my love will be enough for the both of us.
17. Loving you has been like water and flames, because your unrequited sometimes kills my soul.
18. What more can I do, that you can love me as much as I love you?
19. I’ll give it all if I could be more than just a friend to you.
20. Your eyes are like a reflection of my doom and gloom, because seeing them happy with another kills me.
Letting go unrequited love quotes
1. It hurts, and I cannot fathom the reason why you hold my joy so much in your hands.
2. Who am I kidding? I know you cannot love me, as I do you. But, I still love you.
3. I only wish there’s a word I’ve never said, or a gaze that I shouldn’t have made. Because I love you so much and I’m tired of hoping you’ll do too.
4. You led me on and made me feel like I meant the world to you. Yet you took my world away.
5. At some point, you have to realize that he doesn’t care, and you could be missing out on someone who actually does.
6. He will never know what he lost because let’s be honest; he never knew what he had.
7. Her saying no is a punch in the gut. But her saying no and saying yes to someone else is a stab through the heart.
8. People will hold your hand through the darkness but then let go when they find the light.
9. Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while so that we can see life with a clearer view again.
10. She was like a siren. She collected the affections of those around her, keeping them like toys, to be used once or twice when bored.
11. Since you’ve been gone I’ve been lost. Lost in a place where I only feel and see you and nobody else. Yet, this is the only place where I have you because in reality you’re not mine and to be true, I’d rather be lost than to live in a world where you and I don’t belong to each other.
12. So tell me you love me even if it’s fake. You already took all that you could take.
13. Some people will have to learn how to appreciate you by losing you.
14. Sometimes I don’t tell you what I’m feeling because I’m hoping the silence between us would give you a clue.
15. Sometimes it’s better to keep silent than to tell others what you feel because it hurts badly when you come to know that.
16. Sometimes you don’t realize how much you care for someone until they stop caring for you.
17. Stop breaking your own heart for someone who isn’t even fighting to keep yours in one piece.
18. Take care of the heart that was given to you by someone else. Smashing it can bring lifelong chaos into effect.
19. That’s how you know what real love is. It’s wanting the best for somebody, even if the best doesn’t involve you anymore.
20. That’s what happens. You let people in and they destroy you.
Happy unrequited love quotes
1. “Love Jo all your days, if you choose, but don’t let it spoil you, for it’s wicked to throw away so many good gifts because you can’t have the one you want.”
― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
2. “There is nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who does not share one’s sentiments.”
― Georgette Heyer, Venetia
3. “Unrequited love is so boring. Weeping under a blue-black sky is for suckers or maniacs.”
― Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic
4. “Two Cures for Love Don’t see him. Don’t phone or write a letter. The easy way: get to know him better.”
― Wendy Cope, Two Cures for Love
5. “I’m chasing you. I’m going to chase you until you give this a chance.”
― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Americanah
6. “‘Twere all one That I should love a bright particular star And think to wed it, he is so above me. In his bright radiance and collateral light Must I be comforted, not in his sphere.”
― William Shakespeare, All’s Well That Ends Well
7. “The half-life of love is forever.”
― Junot Díaz, This Is How You Lose Her
8. “To want and not to have, sent all up her body a hardness, a hollowness, a strain. And then to want and not to have—to want and want—how that wrung the heart, and wrung it again and again!”
― Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
9. “She hardly ever thought of him. He had worn a place for himself in some corner of her heart, as a sea shell, always boring against the rock, might do. The making of the place had been her pain. But now the shell was safely in the rock. It was lodged, and ground no longer.”
― T.H. White, The Once and Future King
10. “I know that’s what people say—you’ll get over it. I’d say it, too. But I know it’s not true. Oh, you’ll be happy again, never fear. But you won’t forget. Every time you fall in love it will be because something in the man reminds you of him.”
― Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
11. “Do you know what it’s like to like someone so much you can’t stand it and know that they’ll never feel the same way?”
― Jenny Han, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
12. “‘After all this time?'”‘Always,’ said Snape.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
13. “I won’t telephone him. I’ll never telephone him again as long as I live. He’ll rot in hell, before I’ll call him up. You don’t have to give me strength, God; I have it myself. If he wanted me, he could get me. He knows where I am. He knows I’m waiting here. He’s so sure of me, so sure. I wonder why they hate you, as soon as they are sure of you.”
― Dorothy Parker, The Portable Dorothy Parker
14. “Can’t you just like a girl who likes you back?” “None of them likes me back. I may as well like the one I really want.”
― Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor & Park
15. “You can’t own a human being. You can’t lose what you don’t own. Suppose you did own him. Could you really love somebody who was absolutely nobody without you? You really want somebody like that? Somebody who falls apart when you walk out the door? You don’t, do you? And neither does he. You’re turning over your whole life to him. Your whole life, girl. And if it means so little to you that you can just give it away, hand it to him, then why should it mean any more to him? He can’t value you more than you value yourself.”
― Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon
Greatest unrequited love quotes
1.”There is nothing so mortifying as to fall in love with someone who does not share one’s sentiments.” ―Georgette Heyer, Venetia
2. “I want him to see the flowers in my eyes and hear the songs in my hands.” ―Francesca Lia Block, Dangerous Angels
3. “The knowledge that she would never be loved in return acted upon her ideas as a tide acts upon cliffs.” ―Thornton Wilder, The Bridge of San Luis Rey
4. “You have never loved me as I love you — never — never! Yours is not a passionate heart — your heart does not burn in a flame! You are, upon the whole, a sort of fay, or sprite — not a woman!” ―Thomas Hardy, Jude the Obscur
5. “Thus much and more; and yet thou lov’st me not,
And never wilt! Love dwells not in our will.
Nor can I blame thee, though it be my lot
To strongly, wrongly, vainly love thee still.” ―Lord Byron, final verse of “Love and Death”
6. “To want and not to have, sent all up her body a hardness, a hollowness, a strain. And then to want and not to have — to want and want — how that wrung the heart, and wrung it again and again!” ―Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
7. “And then it happens, the most dreaded response in the world, more terse than any word, more withholding than a no, and strictly verboten for someone as in love with language and me as you claim to be. You: K.” ― Caroline Kepnes, You
8. “Unrequited love is so boring. Weeping under a blue-black sky is for suckers or maniacs.” ―Alice Hoffman, Practical Magic
9. “With women who do not love us, as with the “dear departed,” the knowledge that there is no hope left does not prevent us from continuing to wait.” ―Marcel Proust, In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower
10. “The sun’s gone dim, and
The moon’s turned black;
For I loved him, and
He didn’t love back.” ―Dorothy Parker
11. “She had the look in her eye when you kick and kick at the door and it doesn’t open, when you write a boy letters and letters and he never loves you, not ’til the day he dies. Not even then.” ―Daniel Handler, The Basic Eight
12. “I never expected you to love me, I didn’t see any reason that you should. I never thought myself very lovable. I was thankful to be allowed to love you and I was enraptured when now and then I thought you were pleased with me or when I noticed in your eyes a gleam of good-humored affection. I tried not to bore you with my love; I knew I couldn’t afford to do that and I was always on the lookout for the first sign that you were impatient with my affection.” —W. Somerset Maugham, The Painted Veil
13. “Love may have the longest arms, but it can still fall short of an embrace.” ―Megan McCafferty, Charmed Thirds
14. “Why should I blame her that she filled my days
With misery, or that she would of late
Have taught to ignorant men most violent ways,
Or hurled the little streets upon the great,
Had they but courage equal to desire?
What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?” ―William Butler Yeats, “No Second Troy”
15. “Too many of us are hung up on what we don’t have, can’t have, or won’t ever have. We spend too much energy being down, when we could use that same energy — if not less of it — doing, or at least trying to do, some of the things we really want to do.” ―Terry McMillan, Disappearing Acts
16. “As long as you’re neurotic and crazy, he’s great. But once he solves all your problems, he becomes the problem.” ―Candace Bushnell, Sex and the City
17. “When you give someone your whole heart and he doesn’t want it, you cannot take it back. It’s gone forever.” ―Sylvia Plath to a friend, as quoted by Janet Malcolm in The Silent Woman
Best Unrequited Love Quote
1. “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.” — Mignon McLaughlin
2. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.” — Washington Irving
3. “To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves.” — Federico García Lorca
4. “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?”― Shannon L. Alder
5. “It’s wicked to throw away so many good gifts because you can’t have the one you want.” ― Louisa May Alcott
6. “The worst feeling is falling for someone and knowing that they won’t be there to catch you.” — Rashida Rowe
7. “Living with someone you love can be lonelier than living entirely alone, if the one that you love doesn’t love you.” ― Tennessee Williams
8. “Too many of us are hung up on what we don’t have, can’t have, or won’t ever have.” ― Terry McMillan
Reading quotes about unrequited love may offer some much-needed reassurance and commiseration.
9. “When you love something, you have to make sure it loves you back, or you’ll bring about no end of trouble chasing it.” — Patrick Rothfuss
10. “An unrequited love is so much better than a real one … As long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending.” — Sarah Dessen
11. “A person doesn’t know true hurt and suffering until they’ve felt the pain of falling in love with someone whose affections lie elsewhere.” ― Rose Gordon
12. “Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back … then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else.” — Sarah Cross
13. “The heart is stubborn. It holds onto love despite what sense and emotion tells it. And it is often, in the battle of those three, the most brilliant of all.” — Alessandra Torre
14. “Sometimes no matter how many eyelashes or dandelion seeds you blow, no matter how much of your heart you tear out and slap on your sleeve, it just ain’t gonna happen.” ― Melissa Jensen
15. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.”― Shannon L. Alder
16. “Let no one who loves be called unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.” — James Matthew Barrie
Deep Unrequited Love Quotes
1.“A mighty pain to love it is, and ’tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all pains, the greatest pain it is to love, but love in vain.” (Abraham Cowley)
2.“Unrequited love is the infinite curse of a lonely heart.” (Christina Westover)
3.”Perhaps a great love is never returned” (Dag Hammerskjold)
4.“People do incredible things for love, particularly for unrequited love.” (Daniel Radcliffe)
5.”Unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded.” (Elle Newmark)
6.”Unrequited love differs from mutual love, just like delusion differs from the truth.” (George Sand)
7.“Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?” (James Patterson)
8.”You can close your eyes to the things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to the things you don’t want to feel.” (Johnny Depp)
9.”Sometimes life sends us people who don’t love us enough, to remind us of what we’re worthy of.” (Mandy Hale)
10.“Let no one who loves be called altogether unhappy. Even love unreturned has its rainbow.” (J.M. Barrie)
11.”The love that last the longest is the love that is never returned.” (William Somerset Maugham)
12.“I have to admit, an unrequited love is so much better than a real one. I mean, it’s perfect… As long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending. It has endless potential.” (Sarah Dessen)
13.”The biggest curse in life is not loosing your love, but not being loved by someone you love.” (Kiran Joshi)
14.”Problems can be fixed. But unrequited love is a tragedy.” (Suzanne Harper)
15.”Perhaps unrequited love was a specter in the house, a presence that brushed at the edge of senses, a heat in the dark, a shadow under the sun.” (Sherry Thomas)
16.“There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” (Shannon L. Alder)
17.“You like someone who can’t like you back because unrequited love can be survive in a way that once-requited love cannot.” (John Green)
18.”When you give someone your whole heart and he doesn’t want it, you cannot take it back. It’s gone forever.” (Sylvia Plath)
19.“A person doesn’t know true hurt and suffering until they’ve felt the pain of falling in love with someone whose affections lie elsewhere.” (Rose Gordon)
20.“When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, “What was it that you wanted and why didn’t you fight for it?” (Shannon L. Alder)
21.”Maybe one day you’ll understand that hearts don’t intend to break other hearts.” (Marisa Donnelly)
22.“She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years.” (Julia Quinn)
Above are words about Unrequited Love Quotes by quoteplus.net and shared with you. Unrequited love is also one of the exciting experiences in life, please taste it to appreciate your future feelings.