As the saying goes, forbidden love is like a poisoned fruit – sweet at first but fatal down the road. No wonder it is such a common topic in popular culture. If you currently are in forbidden love, have been in the past, or know someone else who is, here are Forbidden Love Quotes that bring the feeling alive.
Quotes About Love Forbidden By Family
1. Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers, and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love. – Thérèse of Lisieux
2. “ The love that lasts longest is the love that is never returned. – W. Somerset Maugham
3 . “ Forbidden love provides happiness when there is no happiness. – unknown
4. “ Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined. – Katherine Anne Porter
5. “ No adultery is bloodless. – Natalia Ginzburg
6. “ Adultery is the application of democracy to love. – Henry Louis Mencken
7. “ Thou shalt not commit adultery. – Bible
8. “ Having something forbidden is exciting, don’t you agree? – Allan Dare Pearce
9. “ My last conscious thought was of my biggest mistake- not the boy beside me, but the one i could never have. – Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. “ Even though we were never supposed to be together’I can’t be with anyone else, no matter the consequences. – Nicole Gulla
11. “ Sinful and forbidden pleasures are like poisoned bread; they may satisfy appetite for the moment, but there is death in them at the end. – Tryon Edwards
12. “ I love him so very much, and he loves me. But we have to keep our love a secret from the world. I don’t know what to do, it’s breaking my heart. – unknown
13. “ I’m just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too. – Mike Tyson
14. “ Forbidden pleasures alone are loved immoderately; when lawful, they do not excite desire. – Marcus Quintilian
“ We always long for the forbidden things, and desire what is denied us. – Francois Rabelais
15. “ There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.
16. “ His hands are saying that he wants to hold her. His feet are saying that he wants to chase after her’ He’s probably forgotten that I’m here, beside him. – Ai Yazawa
Quotes About Prohibited Love
1. “ When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special. – Miranda Kenneally
2. “ She hated that she was still so desperate for a glimpse of him, but it had been this way for years. – Julia Quinn
3. “ Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it’ – James Patterson
4. “ To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. – Frederico Lorca
5. “ You wondered how you’d make it through. I wondered what was wrong with you. Because how could you give your love to someone else, yet share your dreams with me? Sometimes the only thing you’re looking for, is the one thing you can’t see. – Vanessa Williams
6. “ How can you simply be friends with someone when every time you look at them, you’re thinking about how much more you really want’ – Dawsons Creek
“ 7. There is a kind of love, the excess of which forbids jealousy. – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
8. “ It is not the most lovable individuals who stand more in need of love, but the most unlovable. – Ashley Montagu
9. “ While forbidden fruit is said to taste sweeter, it usually spoils faster. – Abigail Van Buren
11. “ I think things that I shouldn’t. I dream things that I shouldn’t. I want things that I shouldn’t and it’s all because of one thing; I do care about you. – H.M.Ward
12. “ My eyes are tempted by the smile of an angel, and your lips whisper secrets of forbidden love. – Natasha Harvey
13. “ Love that we can not have is the one that lasts the longest, hurts the deepest and feels the strongest… – Kay Knudsen
Quotes Love Forbidden By Good Family
1. My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you. ~Cassandra Clare, City of Bones
2. You’ll always be mine, in the back of my mind…I’ll look for you first in my next life.
3. Forbidden love provides happiness when there is no happiness.
4. When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special. ~Miranda Kenneally
5. There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. ~Mark Twain
6. Love that we cannot have is the one that last the longest. Hurts the deepest, and feels the strongest.
7. There can be no peace for us, only misery, and the greatest happiness.
8. I love him so very much, and he loves me. But we have to keep our love a secret from the world. I don’t know what to do, it’s breaking my heart.
9. We all have the seeds of love in us. We can develop this wonderful source of energy, nurturing the unconditional love that does not expect anything in return. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
10. His hands are saying that he wants to hold her. His feet are saying that he wants to chase after her’ He’s probably forgotten that I’m here, beside him. ~Ai Yazawa
11. True love should be lived like an unperfect circle that has its bumps but never ends.
12. I know that you only come into my life for a reason. You came at the time when I was feeling so down and tired of myself being judged by others. I needed someone. I needed a friend. You were there to cheer me up, accept and understand me for who I am.
13. My eyes are tempted by the smile of an angel, and your lips whisper secrets of forbidden love. ~Natasha Harvey
14. Some of the best moments in life are the ones you can’t tell anyone about.
Quotes Forbidden By Sad Family
1. “She nodded, breaking every promise to herself, loving him.”―Katharine McGee
2. “He didn’t know what it was like, wanting something you could never have; how impossible it was to un-want it once you’d let the feeling in.”―Katharine McGee
3. “Because that was the problem with society. It cared too much about who you fell in love with but never about why. The why matters.”―L.J. Shen
4. “We kissed and murmured impossible promises.”―Petra March
5. “The perfect boyfriend. Evolutionary psychologists often opine that bad boys are the ultimate alpha males-powerful, potent, lethal. These predators represent the forbidden fruit! Ergo that makes them the ultimate taboo, which makes them the ultimate aphrodisiac.”―Mallika Nawal
6. “Love is love, even if it is illicit; like light remains light even in the darkness.”―Munia Khan
7. “‘There is no pretending,’ Jace said with absolute clarity.’I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there’s a life after that, I’ll love you then.’ She caught her breath. He had said it-the words there was no going back from.”―Cassandra Clare
8. “He was my addiction and once I got that taste of him I wouldn’t want to stop even if I was getting eaten alive with guilt for doing it.”―Kailin Gow
9. “I swore that I wouldn’t kiss you again. Obviously I can’t keep my promises, even to myself. Not when it comes to you.”―Katharine McGee
10. “My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.”―Cassandra Clare
11. “As soon as I saw her, I knew I had to stay far away from her. Being with her makes me feel like I’ve been starving for so long. Sofia has given me a taste of something I didn’t know I wanted. Something I am now desperate for. Her.”―E.R. Wade
12. “‘Do people always fall in love with things they can’t have?’ ‘Always,’ Carol said, smiling, too.”―Patricia Highsmith
13. “Lying here with him, I realize love is so much more than silly words or actions. It is all-encompassing and unfathomable until experienced. It is darkness intertwined with light, good with evil.”― Nancee Cain
14. “If he touched her, he couldn’t talk to her, if he loved her he couldn’t leave, if he spoke he couldn’t listen, if he fought he couldn’t win.”―Arundhati Roy
15. “He can touch your soul. And there is a difference between having your heart break and having your soul shatter.”―Cassandra Clare
16. “He clung to her more tightly, knotting his hands in her hair, trying to tell her, with the press of his mouth on hers, all the things he could never say out loud: I love you; I love you and I don’t care that you’re my sister; don’t be with him, don’t want him, don’t go with him. Be with me. Want me. Stay with me. I don’t know how to be without you.”―Cassandra Clare
17. “Her skin smells of vintage books and pale moonlight, exotic things, forbidden loves and rainy nights.”―Melody Lee
18. “So I learned not only that your loved one may be forbidden you, given away to someone else, but also that though you love someone they may run from you, and you may open your arms but they shall not come in.”―Edward Carey
19. “She could smile until the bitter end, no matter what it cost her-because she was a Washington and had been trained to smile through anything. Even through her own heartbreak.”―Katharine McGee
20. “My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you.”―Cassandra Clare
Quotes about short sad love
1. “Bitter always follows the sweet, especially when it comes to love. Especially when it come to forbidden love.”―Karina Halle
2. “We always long for the forbidden things, and desire what is denied us.”―François Rabelais
3. “The course of true love never did run smooth.”―William Shakespeare
4. “If I were you I’d promise to live life for all it’s worth. Take all you’ve been given and leave your mark upon this earth. Trust your heart to show you everything you’ll ever need. And if you were you, I’d fall in love with me.”―Collin Raye
5. “Never’s just the echo of forever. Lonesome as a love that might have been. Let me go on lovin’ and believin’ ’til it’s over. Please don’t tell me how the story ends.”―Kris Kristofferson
6. “Among all the many kinds of first love, that which begins in childish companionship is the strongest and most enduring: when passion comes to unite its force to long affection, love is at its spring-tide.”―George Eliot
7. “There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable.”―Mark Twain
8. “Mind and night will meet, though in silence, like forbidden lovers.”―Philip James Bailey
9. “There is a kind of love, the excess of which forbids jealousy.”―François de La Rochefoucauld
10. “It is a wonderful subduer, this need for love-this hunger of the heart-as peremptory as that other hunger by which Nature forces us to submit to the yoke, and change the face of the world.”―George Eliot
11. “If he touched her, he couldn’t talk to her, if he loved her he couldn’t leave, if he spoke he couldn’t listen, if he fought he couldn’t win.”―Arundhati Roy
12. “I’m just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too.”―Mike Tyson
13. “What deep and worthy love is so? whether of woman or child, or art or music. Our caresses, our tender words, our still rapture under the influence of autumn sunsets, or pillared vistas, or calm majestic statues, or Beethoven symphonies, all bring with them the consciousness that they are mere waves and ripples in an unfathomable ocean of love and beauty; our emotion in its keenest moment passes from expression into silence, our love at its highest flood rushes beyond its object, and loses itself in the sense of divine mystery.”―George Eliot
14. “Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined.”―Katherine Anne Porter
15. “No adultery is bloodless.”―Natalia Ginzburg
16. “Adultery is the application of democracy to love.”―Henry Louis Mencken
17. “Having something forbidden is exciting, don’t you agree?”―Allan Dare Pearce
18. “I loved the Romeo and Juliet of the whole thing; this forbidden love between these two characters.”―Tyler Hoechlin
19. “The roads of life are strewn with the wreckage of run-down, half-finished loves.”―Ralph Washington Sockman
20. “Love took up the harp of Life, and smote on all the chords with might; Smote the chord of Self, that, trembling, passed in music out of sight.”―Alfred Tennyson
Above are Forbidden Love Quotes do quoteplus.net synthesized and share with you. I hope you enjoyed our gathered collection of the best forbidden love quotes. Please share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Thanks for reading!